I have three teenagers conceived with the help of one man. Two-thirds of our teenagers will be attending two different colleges in two different states with the assistance of thousands of federally-funded, bank-funded and hard earned dollars.
In the Book of Numbers, God tells Moses to take a census of every male of the children of Israel according to their families and their purpose.
Every person matters to God. We are His wonderful creations. He knows our name. He knows our purpose and everything about us.
New Natural Hair Video
Numbers matter. NaturallyGG celebrates their 100th video! We thank them for enlightening our natural hair journey with their radiant smiles and healthy hair tips.
Yoga is a union of body, mind, and spirit. It brings balance. It becomes a part of your physical life as your body grows stronger, more toned, and more flexible as we flow from one Asana to another.
It becomes a part of your mental life as you focus on breathing while you hold each asana. This awareness is calming and it dissolves stress and axiety. It becomes a part of your spiritual life as it teaches self love and in return you spread love to others around you.
Why do we say Namaste? It’s a way to send out positive vibrations into the universe. The word expresses gratitude, gives closure, expresses relief, but it’s also a conduit to something greater. It represents a union. A connection that transcends language and culture. It’s an acknowledgement of the soul in another. We are all one when we live from the heart.
I’ve been living out a few “firsts” as of late. Last week, I ate Eggplant Casserole for the first time. Earlier today, I finally ran into a group of runner buddies and my oldest son had his first major surgery this week.
JourneyTo WaistLength does a finger coil for the first time using water, a leave in conditioner, a moisturizer, and gel.
New Natural Hair Videos
1/2 cup Tomato sauce, prepared
1/2 cup Mozzarella, part-skim
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Transfer the cubed eggplant to the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder. Roast, tossing once, 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the marinara sauce, cayenne and basil. Spray a 1-quart casserole dish with olive oil spray.
- When eggplant is roasted, remove it from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Add the roasted eggplant to the tomato/basil mixture. Add half of the Mozzarella and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella and the Parmesan on top. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
“You cannot relax no matter what therapy you do. I can bet on it. There are twenty million things to do. You do those twenty million things and you cannot relax. It’s a law of physics that anything which is contained and jammed must be put in an expanded place to give it a space. So you must expand in your ideology, in your thinking, in your social behaviors, in your smiles, in your life, in your everything. You will be relaxed.” —Yogi Bhaian
Since my last post, I’ve run my first marathon, teamed up with my longtime friend/boss Yoga instructor for weekly inspiration and I’ve committed to making one meatless dish a week. Whew…..
My first marathon held in Lafayette, La back in March
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce
Crispy Black Bean Tacos:
Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
For the tacos:
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
For the sauce:
1. Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
“You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you.”-Dodinsky
New Natural Hair Videos
My Natural Sistas shows us how to create a classy updo/
Juicesandberries uses avocado, an egg, honey, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Olive and Lavender oil to give her hair a shiny healthy finish.
Governor Nathan Deal declared Feb 3rd as Falcons Day so teachers, students and fans statewide sported their team colors and Falcon gear.
Curls and Couture shows us a colorful way to brighten our hair.
Juiceandberries takes us through her easy wash-n-go routine step by step.
Honestly Erica is brilliant at keeping it simple and honest. Her 2-n-1 hairstyle is breezy and stress free.
Heygorjess gives a dazzling demo on the 3 strand twistout.
Posted in Inspiration and Encouragement, Natural Hair Week In Review, Quick Styles
- Tagged Curls and Couture, Going Natural, Heygorjess, Honestly Erica, Juicesandberries, Natural Hair, Natural Hair Journey, Natural Hair Styles, Twist Out, Wash and Go
A 59-year- old woman raced passed me half a mile to the finish line. She’s my role model. Ms. Pam’s running stride did a pick-me-up for my running goals and gave me hope that I can do this running thing for a long time to come.
Trials N’ Tresses shares 5 essentials oils to help us boost healthy hair growth. The beauty of the E.O.’s are their benefits and versatility.
Out and Up is my theme for this week. Three natural hair vloggers show us how to work our tresses under sweat, time constraints and bobby pins.
NaturallyQuinn visits the gym five to six days a week! She shares her hair routine using a pineapple style to protect her curls.
Time constraints don’t have to be a road block to beautiful hair . Michelle B gives us directions for a polished look when short on time.
Crystal Michelle shares a pinned-up, creative look just in time for summer.