I’ve been living out a few “firsts” as of late. Last week, I ate Eggplant Casserole for the first time. Earlier today, I finally ran into a group of runner buddies and my oldest son had his first major surgery this week.
JourneyTo WaistLength does a finger coil for the first time using water, a leave in conditioner, a moisturizer, and gel.
New Natural Hair Videos
1/2 cup Tomato sauce, prepared
1/2 cup Mozzarella, part-skim
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Transfer the cubed eggplant to the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder. Roast, tossing once, 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the marinara sauce, cayenne and basil. Spray a 1-quart casserole dish with olive oil spray.
- When eggplant is roasted, remove it from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Add the roasted eggplant to the tomato/basil mixture. Add half of the Mozzarella and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella and the Parmesan on top. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
“You cannot relax no matter what therapy you do. I can bet on it. There are twenty million things to do. You do those twenty million things and you cannot relax. It’s a law of physics that anything which is contained and jammed must be put in an expanded place to give it a space. So you must expand in your ideology, in your thinking, in your social behaviors, in your smiles, in your life, in your everything. You will be relaxed.” —Yogi Bhaian
Since my last post, I’ve run my first marathon, teamed up with my longtime friend/boss Yoga instructor for weekly inspiration and I’ve committed to making one meatless dish a week. Whew…..
My first marathon held in Lafayette, La back in March
Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado-Lime Sauce
Crispy Black Bean Tacos:
Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
For the tacos:
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
For the sauce:
1. Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
“You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you.”-Dodinsky
New Natural Hair Videos
My Natural Sistas shows us how to create a classy updo/
Juicesandberries uses avocado, an egg, honey, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Olive and Lavender oil to give her hair a shiny healthy finish.